Saturday 12 September 2015

Talking Heads Southampton - Rocking Evening

I had a very enjoyable evening last night at the Talking Heads pub in Southampton (http://talkingheads.vticket.co.uk). Both Helen and Rachel had mentioned the gig the week before, as they are friends with a couple of the acts performing, and it sounded interesting. 





We met at Rach's before the gig to chat, have a few drinks and some chips. When we made our way to the venue, where I enjoyed my regular conversation with our taxi driver. On this occasion I found out that our taxi had two cameras in it and a panic button! This driver must have had some bad fares. Unfortunately there was no sing-a-long opportunity, but that does mean I feel fairly confident in saying that our journey will not end up on YouTube.

When we arrived we met up with the girls friends; Lee, Stuart and James (I think). It was quite interesting finding out about the work that these guys do and their use of drones. I may have asked quite a lot of questions about some of the legal / practical uses of the drones, possibly more than someone is meant to ask on a first meeting.
I also met two people, Charlotte and Tony, at the bar and chatted with them for a while before we made our way around to the event / stage.

The bands performing where Kings o Leon, Nearvana, Paramore (or less) and Foo Forgers. I enjoyed all of the sets, but has too be said, Foo Forgers where the ones that had me up at the front rocking out. I definitely had a very enjoyable evening, with good company and good music. 



This was the first time I'd visited the Talking Heads pub and as a venue it was pretty good. It was a nice size with more than adequate facilities and a good vibe.

The evening / night was rounded off with some much needed (if cooked a little too quickly) chips at Rach's with those awesome sisters and a couple more conversations before calling it a night. 
I look forward to the next opportunity to hear these bands and / or visit the pub for another gig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment